Translate

Wednesday 6 March 2013

MUA Brushes review.







Hi Lovelies, 
today I want to share with you my lovely brushes from MUA. Let me tell you I LOVE THEM !!
First of all they are so incredibly soft my daughter keeps on "cuddling" with them when mommy applies her make up. 
I ordered these in their massive 50 % off deal, let me state: they aren't that expensive to begin with, but in this deal, I can imagine why these were the first to go out of stock!

The brushes that I got are:

  • E1 Eyeshadow brush £1.95
  • E3 Eyeshadow blending brush 
  • E7 Angled eyebrow brush 
  • F2 Stippling Brush £3.00
  • F6 Blusher & Contouring brush £3.00
The eyeshadow brush is a rounded flat brush, dense enough to pack on colour and precise enough to even line under the eye.

The blending brush is a soft quit dense brush, you have to use a light hand with blending otherwise you might wipe the shade right of. But I really like it, I use this brush as a highlighter brush as well on the cheekbones, just big enough and because of it's shape applies in a fluffy way so you don't end up with involuntary striping (we don't want to look like the car of our younger brother now do we ;-).

The Angled eyebrow brush I use for my MUA eyebrow kit (more on that later on), it is ideal to create that sculpted brow. It's very precise, with the point of the brush start at the biggest inner part of the brow and " sharpen" the edge. Then line the upper line of the brow, and fill in the " tail" of the brow. Love it!

The stippling brush is very nice for applying liquid foundations, haven't tried cream blushers, but you could use it for that to. I really like to buff in my foundation, I firstly stipple the foundation then work it in with more buffing motions.

The angled blusher and contouring brush is ideal for just that! Because of the angle and shape I tend to really get in the hollow of my cheek for the contouring. Getting repetitive here: I Love these brushes.

None of the brushes shed a hair, even after several wash sessions. I tend to wash my brushes almost after every use due to the eyeshadows of MUA being SO pigmented. 




Pro's : 

  • Good quality
  • Good price
  • Soft
  • Does its job
  • No shedding, mine haven't, some might though.
  • Even with shipping they cost less then the brushes that I can buy in store, and better quality to. I tried MAC 217, my MUA E3 one is less "prickly" .
Con's:
  • Only sold online here .
  • I can't run to the store and buy more!

Final verdict:
Definitively go get some if you can!

Hugs and Kisses,
DIY Mama

9 comments:

  1. Oooooh i have similar brushes in indian brands but they just arent soft especially the eyeshadow blending brush.And they cost alot more than MUA..Wish i had picked these up :( Nicely Reviewed Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaawh thanks! Yeah I really love them, haven't found drugstore brushes that even compare a little price wise or quality wise. So I'm very pleased with these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leuk! Ik heb alleen er drie maar zo zacht en goed te bruiken! Excuses voor m'n slecht nederlands! Ik ben een engelese! X x pearl fluorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Dutch is perfect, I'm so flattered you wrote in Dutch! Wish my English was that good;-) xox

      Delete
  4. I ordered some brushes the other day along with their new Power Pout! I hope to receive them soon! Exciting! :D

    Btw, I am loving your new layout now! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cynthia,I'm so excited about the new power pout, if I hadn't just had my last order, I would buy them too haha. So let me know what you think about them. Sure you'll love the brushes too, which one did you get?
      And thank you for making this layout possible ;-)
      xox

      Delete
  5. Hi ! I came here via MUA's facebook page, thank you for your review !!
    Is the stipple brush dense enough ? I'm looking for a good foundation brush (I'm using my old retractable powder brush from Sephora but it's not great)
    I'm so happy MUA finally decided to make make-up brushes ! I hope they're as good (or even better) as the ELF ones !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I can't compare to the ELF brushes, I don't own those, but I sure like these. This is the first stippling brush I own too so, not much comparisons there either, I think it does the job. It stipples and then I use is to buff it in, works for me. And for that price you could give them a try ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I will try it next time I make an order, as you said it's cheaper enough to not regret it afterwards !
      Have nice day !

      Delete